Sunday, September 6, 2009

27

Happy Birthday Heart! We're officially 27 years old today. It's been quite a journey, hasn't it? We have done pretty well on our own, I'd have to say. You've had the more difficult job these 27 years, to be honest. You have kept me going all these years, despite the fact that you were never whole. You are a survivor and a savior and to have you along for this ride we call life is a wonderful gift. Yes, I have been angry at you. I have blamed you. I have hated you. I also have not understood how important you are to me. I have taken you for granted. I have failed you in certain ways. I certainly don't make your job easy. But, like a true friend, you have never given up on me. You probably didn't want to be born this way either. You have had to work extra hard to do the job that I have taken for granted. I never thought of you as a friend, only as a burden. But, although I feel we are two seperate beings, you and I are part of a team. We need each other to survive. You need me to take care of you and make your job easier, I need you to continue to be strong for me. If I ever feel sorry for myself, or need some inspiration, I can look to you. For you have never given up, no matter what the obstacle. I may not have always been the best friend you needed, but I am here now and ready to face another 27 years with you. Thank you for being patient with me until I figured it all out.

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Amy!!!!!

    Love, Kate, Madeleine and Annabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that post was so amazing because it was so selfless of you, whose life has never been easy! Happy Birthday to YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIRTHDAY BUDDY! :) Same Birthday, same defect, same age (OK, I'm just 27 in my head!)

    I hope it's a great one for you!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Great post.

    Dina

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great post, Amy. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete